Some of you may know that I’ve been a devoted student of meditation for many years. In all my years exploring the mind-body connection, I’ve never experienced anything quite as profound as the power of stillness for relieving stress and restoring a sense of peace by quieting the incessant noise most of us have going on in our minds.
I also enjoy the suggestions below from HEALTHbeat, Harvard Medical School’s newsletter. Practicing these steps while you’re at work, taking a walk, or eating will help you feel more engaged and present in your life:
- Start by bringing your attention to the sensations in your body.
- Breathe in through your nose, allowing the air to move downward into your lower belly. Let your abdomen expand fully. Then breathe out through your mouth. Notice the sensations of each inhalation and exhalation.
- Proceed with the task at hand slowly and with full deliberation.
- Engage your senses fully. Notice each sight, touch, and sound so that you savor every sensation.
- When you notice that your mind has wandered from the task at hand, gently bring your attention back to the sensations of the moment.
Find peace and quiet while sculpting a core you’ll love with my
30 Day Core & More Yoga and Pilates Set!
BONUS: 30-Day workout calendar included!