Boost Your Brain By Walking
One of the keys to incinerating menopause belly is going for broke with high-intensity cardio workouts. I love walking. And, heart-racing walking does more than just blast calories. Besides strengthening your heart and fending off diabetes, it also could help you become a brainiac. Listen to this….a study found that a fierce HIIT workout can boost learning by 20%. The high intensity power from these workouts encourages your body to better regulate chemicals that are crucial for both storing and grasping information. Here 5 ways that high-intensity walking workouts can boost your brain and body.
1. Controls inflammation
Inflammation is your body’s natural response to infections. But sometimes, due to stress, poor diet and…lack of exercise, inflammation can become uncontrolled. Increased inflammation in the brain can negatively affect memory and mood. Since lack of exercise contributes to inflammation, maintaining regular exercise routine is a – excuse the pun – no-brainer when it comes to controlling inflammation.
2. Increases insulin sensitivity
Insulin sensitivity is a measurement of how your body reacts to the effects of insulin. Low insulin sensitivity has been linked to a damaged blood vessels, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis and even cancer – all of which have a negative impact on brain health. Walking is one of the quickest, safest, easiest and most affordable ways to increase insulin sensitivity.
3. Influences better blood sugar control
There’s more going on than meets the eye during a walking workout. When you exercise, muscles pull sugar from the bloodstream in order to contract. Even the most moderate exercise has been shown to lower blood sugar levels for about 24 hours after a workout. That’s good news for brain health because high blood sugar levels often result in a temporary condition called brain fog and long term effects include brain degeneration.
4. Boosts levels of BDNF
Walking stimulates blood flow throughout your body and that’s especially good for your brain because the increased circulation signals the release of a brain chemical called brain-derived neurotrophic factor – or BDNF for short. BDNF starts the process for new neurons to be formed in the area of the brain involved in memory, learning and decision-making. It also repairs brain cell damage and makes the connections between brain cells stronger.
5. Expands the side of the brain associated with memory
BDNF is not the only thing that helps rejuvenate the “memory side” of the brain. The increased oxygen that you’re taking in while exercising reduces the risk of disorders like diabetes and cardiovascular disease that lead to memory loss. So breathe deep while you’re working out! All of that from a daily workout? It’s amazing and true! The Centers for Disease Control recommends 150 minutes – or two and a half hours – of moderate intensity aerobic exercise per week AND muscle-strengthening exercises for the major muscle groups at least two days a week. There’s more than fresh air outside…researchers found that people are more likely to stick with outdoor exercising. Outdoor exercise also boosts focus, energy and your sense of well-being. Find an activity you enjoy and include friends and family in the adventure of creating a healthier life and improved brain health!
It’s True…You Can Create Flat Abs By WALKING!
- Power Walk For Weight Loss DVD – 30-Minute indoor walk that uses light hand weights to sculpt and tone your upper body while you walk. Plus, includes a bonus 10-minute no-crunch zone ab routine to define your core without a single crunch
- NEW Fat Burning Walking DVD – a 45-minute indoor walking workout that incorporates my breakthrough method to tone and define your entire body! Walk off the weight easier and faster than you thought possible!
- 3-Volume outdoor Lean Walk Audio Mp3 is designed to help you break through your plateaus, with fun music, motivational coaching, and maximum variety for maximum calorie burning.
- 2-volume outdoor Walk Fit Audio MP3 is the perfect way to burn fat, because it combines steady state walking routines with interval “burst” training workouts. With energizing music and my coaching techniques, you can maximize the calorie burn of every step!