Swing it baby, swing it! Fall is here, and a toned, tight tush is a key ingredient for rocking your blue jeans (or leggings!) in confidence. And, using a kettlebell is one way that any woman can boost her buns.
Whether you’re a seasoned kettlebell-er, or you’ve never picked up a set, today’s video move is for you. (And for those of you who don’t own kettlebells, just use a dumbbell…for now). The move is called the Figure 8, and in just a few minutes, you’ll target your booty, abs and arms. This slow-paced move is a must for beginners, but can be easily paced for longer periods of time to increase muscular endurance.
Here’s a tip: To add a cardio element into this move, increase the speed. For extra toning benefits, increase the weight.
Not convinced that kettlebells are for you? Here are 5 reasons EVERY woman needs to own her own pair:
- Perfects your posture, because your core stays engaged during every movement. Any bending forward is done from the hips and legs instead of an arched back.
- Increases metabolic rate, so you’ll burn more calories even when you’re sitting.
- Strengthens tendons and ligaments (especially important since women are at a greater risk for ACL tears!)
- Burns more calories because of their “all muscles on deck” technique. In fact, a typical kettlebell session burns 400 calories in 20 minutes.
- Simultaneously firms your buns, abs and arms…who has time for anything else?
Get started with the video clip below for a killer calorie-burning and muscle-building combo! Bam! Fast results. One kettlebell. Try it, and start ringing the bell!