8 Minutes To Amazing Arms
Try these 4 moves for 2 minutes each to tighten and tone your arms:
Move 1: SLIDING CURL
(Repeat for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each leg)
How to do it:
- Stand with dumbbells in each hand in hammerhead position, with palms facing each other.
- Step out to the right side, with a wide stance. Bend the right leg and lower your hips down as you keep the left leg straight out to the side, feeling a slight stretch in the left inner thigh.
- Pressing off the right foot, keeping your core engaged, push yourself back up to standing.
As you return to standing, curl the weights up toward your shoulders, squeezing the muscles on the front of the arms for a bicep curl.
MOVE 2: DEATH ROWS
(Repeat for 2 minutes)
How to do it:
- Standing with a weight in each hand, put your weight on one leg, leaving the other leg slightly bent behind you for stability.
- Keeping your core engaged, back flat and chest forward, slowly lower the upper body down toward the floor, lowering the weights toward your shins. Keep your core tight and back flat throughout the movement. Feel a stretch in your glutes and hamstrings as your upper body is parallel to the floor.
- As you lower your torso toward the floor, do a row with the dumbbells: Squeezing your shoulder blades together, bring the weights up and back until your arms form a 90-degree angle, keeping the weights near your ribcage.
- As you come back to standing, extend your arms and lift behind you to engage your triceps.
MOVE 3: SQUAT & LIFT
(repeat for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side)
- Stand holding a dumbbell in each hand, shifting your weight to your left foot, left foot still touching the floor for balance.
- Feel your belly button pulled in toward the spine as you squat down, keeping your weight in your left heel. Put about 80% of your weight in your left foot, and don’t let the knee just out past your toes as you sink down into your hips. Keep your shoulders down and back over your hips, neck long, eyes up.
- As you press your left heel into the ground to push yourself back up to standing, do a lateral lift with the left hand, raising that dumbbell straight out to the side, stopping at shoulder height.
MOVE 4: CURL & PRESS
(repeat for 2 minutes)
How to do it:
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, start with a squat: Engage your core as you slowly lower the hips toward the floor as if you’re sitting back into a chair. Sink down low, forming a 90-degree angle with your lower body and the floor, but make sure your knees never jut forward past your toes. Keep your weight in your heels, shoulders down and relaxed, chest up, and eyes forward.
- As you push back up to standing, do a bicep curl, bringing both weights up toward your shoulders. Be sure to feel a squeeze in the front of the arm to make sure you’re getting the most out of the move.
- At the top of your bicep curl, rotate the dumbbells until your palms face forward. Then push the weights up into an overhead press.
Take your arms to the next level with the 30-Days To Your
BEST ARMS EVER Challenge!
(I’m starting on Monday!)
30 Days To Your Best Arms Ever Includes:
- Lift Weights To Lose Weight 1:
Two 20-minute segments to tone your arms and boost your metabolism to help you burn calories all day long! Also includes a BONUS: 10-minute ab routine! (60 minute DVD)
- Lift Weights To Lose Weight 2:
Uses hand weights and rotational balance movements to sculpt your arms and build poise, posture, and a strong, lean core. (50 minute DVD)
- Cardio Knockout:
The combination of kickboxing, Aerobox, and Tai Chi will get your arms into knock-out shape! Improve your endurance, coordination, and balance, while enjoying an exhilarating rush of endorphins. (170 minute three-part DVD)
- 30-Day Workout Calendar
By using the workout calendar, you’ll eliminate confusion about which workout to do that day. Each workout is specified, so there’s no guesswork on your part. And, it’s designed to sculpt and define your arms in record time!