f extra eating over the holidays left you with a little more belly bloat than you anticipated, then it’s time to activate your abs! In today’s blog, I’ll share with you a powerful move to engage your midsection…no matter what your fitness level is.
- Start lying flat on your back. Engage your core, and keeping your lower back pressed to the floor, use your abdominals to bring your upper body off the floor as you bring one leg up toward the midline. Be sure not to arch your back.
- Repeat on the other side.
- If extending your leg straight is too much for your lower back, try extending the leg at a 45-degree angle.
- Keep the resting leg on the floor for support, and use your arms for a bit of momentum to help lift your torso off the floor.
- Lift both arms and both legs off the floor simultaneously, focusing on ˙V” formation as you continue to plant the hips into the floor with your core strength.
- It’s extremely important that when you’re fully extended, you never release your abdominal contraction, and your lower back stays pressed into the floor so that you don’t arch the lower back.