If you have a set up dumbbells and five mins to spare, bust out this lunge and press move. It will condition your body head-to-toe, and engage your abs with every motion. See how many you can do in 3 minutes.
How to do the Lunge & Press:
- Stand with dumbbells in each hand in hammerhead position, with palms facing each other.
- Step out to the right side, with a wide stance. Bend the right leg and lower your hips down as you keep the left leg straight out to the side, feeling a slight stretch in the left inner thigh.
- Pressing off the right foot, keeping your core engaged, push yourself back up to standing.
- As you return to standing, curl the weights up toward your shoulders, squeezing the muscles on the front of the arms for a bicep curl.
- Only take a stance that’s comfortable for you – a wide side lunge can be challenging when you’re just starting out.