Your body craves movement. It’s practically begging you for it! In fact, the aches and pains you may occasionally feel is your body’s way of signaling that it needs more attention.
Today, I’ll show you step-by-step how to maximize your results with two of my go-to moves When done correctly, you won’t believe the transformation! This 4-minute upper-body workout will define and sculpt the hard-to-reach back of the arm, as well as give you sleek, sexy shoulders.
Move 1: Classic Pushup
Don’t under-rate this move…it may be a classic, but the Huffington Post recently rated it “The World’s Greatest Exercise.” You don’t need to “drop down and give me 30!” but simply adding pushups into your exercise routine can improve everything from your posture to your balance to your arm, chest, and core strength.
How to do it:
- Place your hands on the ground slightly lower than your shoulders, and level with your chest.
- Support yourself on your knees or toes.
- Keep your abs tight and your back rigid as you lower yourself until your chest touches the floor.
- Your elbows should move out to the sides at about a 45-degree angle
- Don’t allow your body to sag during the movement
- Remember your breathing…exhale as you push up, and inhale as you lower down…make sure you don’t hold your breath!
- Repeat 12 times
Move 2: Chest Flye
How to do a chest flye:
- Lie on your back on a bench or pillow with your knees up
- Extend your arms, palms facing up, bending your elbows slightly. The amount of bend in your elbow should not change at any time during the move.
- Then, lower your arms down to just above shoulder level. Your palms should be facing straight up. At the bottom of the movement, your weights, elbows, and shoulders should all be in line.
- Keeping a slight bend in your elbows, bring the weights back together, and rotate your arms as you do, so when the weights touch, your pinkies are close together.
- Repeat 12-15 times
Make it happen!